Book Review: Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: Yes – Book #5 in the Throne of Glass Series
Cover: I enjoy the theme of the covers of the whole entire series. It shows that Aelin is the center of it all. (Well she is the main character, Duh!)

Rating: This book is adventurous and shocking as the rest of the others in the series. You’re constantly on the edge of your seat as you’re flipping through the pages trying to figure what will happen next!

Image result for empire of storms cover

Review: The one thing that I enjoy so much about Throne of Glass is that even over a year from reading the last book of the series, I still remember each of the characters and their distinct personalities. I didn’t forget the land, the people, and the conflict that is present throughout the story. It took me around two weeks to finish this book due to busy schedules. In this book, you experience the world of Throne of Glass through many of the characters, each with very distinct personalities from each other. While I was reading, it felt like I was there physically seeing how the planning and battles are turning out. One thing that I love is the humor that follows Aelin. These little blips of humor brighten up the dark situation and reality that each of these characters face. It also feels like a full circle in this book. All the characters are together and fighting a common goal. I won’t say more in case of spoilers but I really did enjoy this book and I hope whoever is reading this will give it a shot as well.

Favorite Quote:
Darrow: “You can hardly expect us to allow a nineteen-year-old assassin to parade into our kingdom and start yapping orders, regardless of her blood line.”

Top 3 Favorite Characters

Manon – Now, Manon Blackbeak is the one character that I would truly be afraid of if I ever met her. Maybe I’m just simply attracted to those “bad” type of characteristics. She’s my favorite out of the book because I feel like she has changed the most out of all the characters that were there. I don’t want to reveal anything, but it was beautiful seeing her grow, change, and trust herself more.

Elide – Elide is a character that I feel like I can connect to the most. She doesn’t have super powers, she isn’t a scary creature, nor is she someone you’d expect to make a significant impact in the story. She’s just a crippled human that unfortunately has to deal with creatures of darkness, witches, fae warriors, bad guardians and a fire breathing queen. She has these struggles that seem so tiny compared to Aelin, Manon, etc. Out of everyone I hope she becomes the happiest in the end.

Rowan – I’m not going to lie, it was very hard for me to find a third character that I liked. I feel like the two characters above did the most character development, but that’s just my personal opinion. I like Rowan simply because if I could be a superhero I’d want to look amazing and sexy as Rowan. Besides physical appearance, he is a sweetheart. I don’t have much to say in regards to Rowan but I do appreciate his character a lot more than I did in the previous books. Sorry I can’t add much more about him folks.  

Buy it on Amazon: 
Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS