Book Review: Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater

Friday, April 6, 2018

Author: Maggie Stiefvater 
Series: Yes - Book #4 in The Wolves of Mercy Falls series. Final book.
Cover: I really loved the cover design of the other books and I wish Sinner would be like those too. This cover isn't bad, but it's not eye catching like the other three.
Rating: 5/5 This book was a hot, tense, beautiful mess. Stiefvater has done it again.

Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #4)

Review: When I found out that Stiefvater wrote a FOURTH book, I was excited. When I found out the fourth book was about COLE and ISABEL I died and had to be revived to read this book. I loved these two characters in the other books and I didn't like how their story ended in Forever. Cole is one freaking beautiful hot mess, Isabel is also a beautiful hot mess, which makes this book a beautiful hot mess. I know some people weren't fans of Cole and Isabel, but I WAS!!!!! So happy I read this book.

Now, this was different than what I thought it would be. I thought this book would be more about wolves and "how to cure" or "class Wolf 101." I'm not mad that it wasn't, but I'm a bit sad this book was more of a romance/drama rather than paranormal. Doesn't mean this ruined the book for me. This book was full of so much tension that I would face-palm and groan in frustration as I read it. 

The first three books had Sam and Grace in a very sweet, gentle, and genuine love. Cole and Isabel were like "SCREW THAT!!!" and decided their romance story would be hot, passionate, and addictive. Which, I am TOTALLY for. There something so captivating about reading two broken characters finding a support in one another. I really loved the character development that happened throughout 300+ pages. Isabel and Cole both grew as characters and their spot in my heart grew as well. 

!!!!!!!! SPOILERS !!!!!!!!





I honestly enjoyed reading about Cole's battle with fame and addiction and Isabel's with her family marriage problems. I felt bad for Cole's situation, but I felt even worse for Isabel. I don't know why Cole's situation felt small to me even though it shouldn't. It probably has to do with the mentality of him as celebrity and that he technically has all he wants in life. Isabel has her family falling apart right in front of her and she wants to be a strong, cold-hearted woman, which makes it hurt even more for her. 


Cole had a goal in the beginning of the book which was Isabel. Isabel doesn't want anything to do with love, marriage, commitment, etc. She doesn't believe in any of this stuff and yet she wants Cole in her life. I'm so happy these two are finally together. I was so frustrated in Forever that they parted ways. I could feel myself breathing a collective sigh of relief when I read the last chapter. 


Have I mentioned about how I love all the minor characters in this book? No? Okay! Well let me do that! I love Sofia with all my heart and bless that poor child's soul because she is beautiful and no one, NO ONE, shall hurt her. Leon is just amazing and super duper-chill. For some reason I imagined Baby as Nicki Minaj as I was reading this book so that was interesting. Everyone needs a Jeremy in their life as well. It was also sweet seeing Sam and Grace pop up and their sweet love life still flourishing. 


This book was not the sweet romance that was in Shiver. Oh no... This was like a roller coaster love with four different loops going 120 miles per hour (is there a roller coaster that goes that fast?) Their relationship was GLARE, STARE, KISS, MISS, KISS, SEX, DISS, MISS, LOVE. There, now you don't have to read the book because I just summarized it for you. I'M KIDDING! Go read this book if you want to know more about ColexIsabel and not about SamxGrace.


The best part about this book is that If you loved The Wolves of Mercy Falls, you would enjoy this book. If you just picked this book up with 0 prior knowledge, you can also enjoy this book, even though the whole wolf thing might confuse the heck out of people. Overall, Stiefvater has done an amazing job with this book. I have loved this series so much and I am sad that it has come to an end. I can't wait to read her other books!

Favorite Line:

"I let my gaze eat the world. My wolf - sharpened sense of smell caught the scent of ice - cream cones, of asphalt, of churning ocean, of swirling beer, of first kisses and last kisses."


Top 3 Favorite Characters 

Cole - Hahaha I love him. He is so confident its almost wrong. He has the personality of "everything happens on my watch, not yours." He is so broken yet lovable. I think Cole and I wouldn't be able to be friends in real life, nor would I be a fan of his music, but I think reading this book makes you love him more because of those flaws.


Isabel - I want her confidence. She is so fierce that I love her. There is something beautiful about broken characters and Isabel is one of those. I mean, she was already beautiful in the books, but knowing that she has her own fears, desires, and dreams makes her more beautiful in my mind.

Sofia - SHE BAKES LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW. That poor baby is so fragile. I just want to shrink her and keep her safe in my little pocket. If I was a character in this book, I would be Sofia. I connect to Sofia so much it almost hurts xD

That is all everyone! Thank you for reading <3


Buy it on Amazon (It supports my blog greatly if you click the link and buy it through here!):

Sinner (Shiver)

1 comment:

  1. I read these forever ago! I remember enjoying Shiver and Linger, but then I started to lose interest with the rest of the series. I did like them and how the story ended, but it had lost its magic for me. I'm really glad you were able to enjoy the series so much! I really liked Cole, too. Isabel was a nightmare at first, but she definitely gets better. Maybe I should re-read them?

    Thanks for sharing!
    Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS