Spring Cleaning Book Tag!

Monday, April 16, 2018

Happy Monday everyone! Hope your week is starting off well.

I have been tagged by Noel at Books With Noel to do the Spring Cleaning Book Tag. Thank you very much Noel for the tag if you're reading this post. This is my first book tag and I'll do my best to answer all of them as much as possible. The tag looks really fun to do so I hope everyone here will enjoy the read as well. Thank you for reading and let's start the tag!

1. The struggle of getting started: a book/book series that you have struggled with because of its size.

The House of Night Series by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast

Marked (House of Night, #1)Betrayed (House of Night, #2)Chosen (House of Night, #3)Untamed (House of Night, #4)Hunted (House of Night, #5)Tempted (House of Night, #6)Burned (House of Night, #7)Awakened (House of Night, #8)Destined (House of Night, #9)Hidden (House of Night, #10)Revealed (House of Night, #11)Redeemed (House of Night, #12)

As you can see, this series is 12 books long. I started reading this series when the Twilight fan base was starting to grow, around 2008. I have only read to book #8 and I do not plan to continue the series. Overall, I give the series a 3/5 rating. The reason why I stopped reading this series was because all the characters seemed generic to me and the story felt dragged on too much. 

2. Cleaning out the wardrobe: a book/series you want to unhaul.



I don't have a large book collection yet, but I hope to start one soon! Majority of my books are e-books and if I really love the book or series I'll buy a physical copy.

3. Opening windows and letting fresh air in: a book that was refreshing. 

What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

What Happened to Goodbye 

A lot of the young adult books I read are in the Fantasy genre. What Happened to Goodbye was a book I read last year, and it was nice to just read about a normal high school girl trying to fit in. Reading about dragons, elves, and vampires is fun and addictive, but sometimes I just need normalcy in my reading. I'd recommend a lot of Dessen books for those cute romance read cravings. This book is a 5/5 for me and I should add more non-fantasy books to my TBR list.

4. Washing out sheet stains: a book you wish you could rewrite a certain scene in.

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass Series #2) by Sarah J. Maas

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)

******** SPOILERS ********

I really really wanted Chaol and Aelin to be together. I was so frustrated when they fell apart. Now, Rowan is cool and all, but he seems so much of the " dark, mysterious past, edgy " bad boy type that I feel is so common. I know a lot of people also hated Chaol as well, but that's okay! I just really liked Chaol T^T......

5. Throwing out necessary knick-knack: a book in a series that you didn't think was necessary.

The Heir and The Crown (The Selection Series Books #4 & #5) by Kiera Cass

The Heir (The Selection, #4)    The Crown (The Selection, #5)

Honestly, these two books should have been novellas. The first three books were about a dystopian society that needed to be changed. The last two in the series, were about a girl complaining about her own kingdom that she must rule one day and the fact that there are too many handsome boys for her to choose from. I know people are diehard fans of this series, but I just couldn't handle Eadlyn's character. She seems too in her own world to connect to anyone else's world. 

6. Polishing the doorknobs: a book that had a clean finish. 

Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Lost Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)    The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)

Anyone who has been following this blog will know I'm a bit obsessed with these two series. They were all wonderfully written, and I wish I could continue reading them forever. I want to see Percy, Jason, Leo etc. grow older, finish college, and start a family. I know it isn't possible, but it is still my wish. I love the world of Camp Half-Blood and I don't think it'll ever change. 

7. Reaching to dust the fan: a book that tried too hard to relieve a certain message.

I can't think of anything for this one so onto the next one!

8. The tiring yet satisfying finish of spring cleaning: a series that was tiring yet satisfying to read through.

Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Read 

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)

We started off with vampires and we will end with VAMPIRES!!!! Man, this series was a long read as well with SIX books, but I'm glad I finished it. I wouldn't say this was fantastic, I give it a 3/5. I think I was overwhelmed with vampire books when I was reading this series. I was reading House of Night, Twilight, and Vampire Academy books all at the same time. I was able to finish this series and Twilight, because they both finished publishing books around the same time. I was DONE with vampires haha. 

9. Looking forward to next spring: tag 4 people that you want to do this tag!

Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?
Myshelf and Books @ Myshelf and Books
Konstantina @ The Reading Armchair

It's not necessary to do this tag if you do not wish to! Have fun if you do!

Alright! Thank you to everyone that has read it to this point in the post. It was fun doing a tag like this. I am still trying to finish Horde by Ann Aguirre, but I've been really busy. I'm hoping to get the book review out by next week. Thank you for understanding. Let me know what you would put as your answers in the comments! 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks! Awesome answers! I loved the Razorland series, Enclave was probably my favorite out of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tag! It was so sweet of you to think of me. :)

    I started the House of Night series waaaaay back when, too. I think I read Awakened... but maybe not. Definitely the ones before it, and definitely not the ones after it. It was pretty good at first, but when bird dude and zombie girl started to... it got weird really fast.

    Percy Jackson is one of my favorites!
    Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Have fun if you do the tag :)

      Hahaha I stopped around there too. It got too weird for me. I think for me once characters die and come back to life twice it's a deal breaker for me.

      Delete
  3. The House of Night series has such amazing covers, I love most of them. They look so dark and mysterious!

    I do kinda want to read Vampire academy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The covers were the reason I picked up the book in the first place (and because vampires were all the rage back then)! Vampire Academy is better than the House of Night series in my opinion. Maybe read book #1 and see if you like it :) Happy reading!

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS