Anime Review: Violet Evergarden

Monday, May 21, 2018

Where to Watch: Netflix
Episodes: 13
Genres: Slice of Life, Drama, and Fantasy
Rating: 9/10 if Netflix continues to pump out anime like Violet Evergarden, I am 100% down to watch them.

Image result for violet evergarden netflix poster


The Great War finally came to an end after four long years of conflict; fractured in two, the continent of Telesis slowly began to flourish once again. Caught up in the bloodshed was Violet Evergarden, a young girl raised for the sole purpose of decimating enemy lines. Hospitalized and maimed in a bloody skirmish during the War's final leg, she was left with only words from the person she held dearest, but with no understanding of their meaning.

Recovering from her wounds, Violet starts a new life working at CH Postal Services after a falling out with her new intended guardian family. There, she witnesses by pure chance the work of an "Auto Memory Doll," amanuenses that transcribe people's thoughts and feelings into words on paper. Moved by the notion, Violet begins work as an Auto Memory Doll, a trade that will take her on an adventure, one that will reshape the lives of her clients and hopefully lead to self-discovery.

Review: So... I'm adding something new to my blog! A new section of reviews that is dedicated to anime. With that, I shall start my very first anime review with Violet Evergarden. 

Violet Evergarden

This anime is one that will leave your heart torn in the inside. We start off the series looking at the main character, Violet. The country in which she resides in has been suffering through the past couple years in war. Violet was raised to be a weapon. Used to be in the front lines to kill enemies. With the war over, Violet must continue life, not as a soldier, but as a living breathing person.

One of the best parts of this anime is the beautiful animation. I do not know of another anime on the top of my head that has such beautiful artwork. Everything was completely breathtaking in this anime. All the characters were fully designed, the backgrounds in scenes were rich in colors, and the long scenes of the country seemed almost life like. It is one of those anime that 10 years from now, you'll still remember the beauty of the show.

Violet is overall, a very boring character to watch. It's the interactions that she has with other people in the anime that makes her bloom. Since she was raised to be a weapon, she has little to no emotions whatsoever. The way she talks, thinks, and acts will remind you of a robot completely. It is only through her job as an Auto Memory Doll that she discovers who she is.



The anime does start off slow. My favorite parts of the anime come later on in the second half of the series. What I loved the most about this anime is seeing Violet work as a Doll. She grows every single time she is with a person writing a letter for them. Each person she encounters, she learns something new about herself. She learns how to accept these feelings that she experiences and how to form the words to describe them to herself and to others.

Overall, this anime made me cry. I cried A LOT. I don't regret staying up to 2am watching Violet Evergarden. I loved the animation, the character development, and story line. This is one of the few anime that has a roller coaster of emotions that swept me off my feet. It is a beautifully made anime and I'd recommend everyone to see it. 

17 comments:

  1. AHH!!! A friend that I binge a lot of anime with was just telling me about this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHH!!!!! YOU SHOULD WATCH IT! It does start off slow, but the second half of the series is one heck of a ride!

      Delete
    2. I DEFINITELY need to watch it then!!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh! This is new to me! It sounds like something I'd REALLY like! Thanks! <3

    L @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super beautiful <3 Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. You have a good point here!I totally agree with what you have said!!Thanks for sharing your views...hope more people will read this article!!! Manga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You're so kind :) Let me know if you know any other shows I should check out!

      Delete
  4. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. ดูการ์ตูน

    ReplyDelete
  5. anime movies I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work...

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the most basic level, shojo cute anime girl is Japanese animation that is specifically intended for young girls. It can cover a wide variety of topics, ranging from idealized romantic relationships to girls who fight crime and monsters with their magical powers. The animation style that is typically used in shojo anime is very pretty, and many shojo anime tend to use the "big eyes, small mouth" convention of art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow i can say that this is another great article as expected of this blog.Bookmarked this site.. อนิเมะ

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am addicted to computer games that is why i bought a gamecube for me and my brother,. kindle unlimited gay romance

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will you be able to retire to the type of home Notch has, probably not? With everything it depends on how good a service you provide, your reviews and how many people are looking for what you have to offer. Best Minecraft Servers

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is why I don't understand why people say anime is for kids. Anime brings different ideas and concepts to make people think and feel, just like any other media.

    Thank you for the amazing analysis on the series. It gives this amazing anime more depth and perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon. ดูการ์ตูน

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heya i meant for to begin with at this point. That i came across the snowboard anime together with That i think it truly important & it all improved my family released a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a brilliant blog! I'm very happy with the comments!.. https://anime-88.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS