The Next Five!

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Happy Tuesday everyone! 

Here are the next five books that I will be reading! Since it is spring now, I'm hoping for some nice refreshing books to read. I usually read one book at a time and unfortunately, I'm not the speediest reader either. I feel like my list of books I want to read will never end. If you've read any of the books I've mention, let me know on a 5-star rating scale what you think of it. No spoilers please! Here are the five books and my thoughts on them as I read the book descriptions. 

1. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake 

Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)  

This sounds amazing.  Every generation a set of triplets are born? Does that mean we get three main characters? I love the name Mirabella and not so much Arsinoe... A fight to the death for the sisters? So, when they're sixteen they all fight to the death. The winner gets crowned queen, what happens to the previous queen (their mom)? Is she dead or alive? Are there male triplets capable of having powers and becoming king? WOAH.... two of them are lying about their powers and Mirabella seems like the bad sister. Darn it... I really liked the name Mirabella... Oh, the last sentence of the book description is dark. I LOVE IT. I think I'll start this book today actually. 

2. War Storm by Victoria Aveyard

War Storm (Red Queen, #4)

I AM FOR TEAM CAL SO YEAH... Too bad he ruined it... I'd be fine if Mare ends up single too. I'm not a fan of Maven or Kilorn and if she ends up with Kilorn in some magical way I will throw this book out the window. Now, I really hope Mare kicks Maven's butt. Maven is jumping off the deep end over here. He literally BRANDED Mare and "he will stop at nothing to have Mare as his own again, even if it means demolishing everything - and everyone - in his path." People want to ship these two together?! Heck no. Ugh... I can't believe this series is ending. I love this series so much. 21 MORE DAYS UNTIL ITS OUT! 

3. Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas

Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)

I'm actually quite nervous about reading this book. So far, I've heard people either really loving this book or despising it and wanting to drop the series. This book is through the POV of Chaol Westfall which to a lot of readers they didn't like. I loved Chaol and I really wanted him and Aelin to be together. Now, He's injured, has a new lover, and is looking for a healer. I really hope I'll like this book because I adore this series. 

4. The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli 

The Last Namsara (Iskari, #1)

I forgot the initial reason why this book is in my TBR list. This book is about the Namsara who are all happy full of love and laughter and their opposite, the Iskari, who are full of death and destruction. Interesting, interesting... Cool, the main character's name is Asha and she's a dragon slayer that is also the new Iskari. Aww man, she's being forced to marry some commander. I hate arrange marriages in books. It's always some nasty jerk. So, the dude she's betrothed to will let her go if she kills the strongest dragon in the world. Oh snapples, looks like she starts liking a slave boy from the same house. That is going to bring a lot of trouble. This book sounds alright. I wouldn't say I'm extremely hyped for this book, but I am interested.

5. Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao

Forest of a Thousand Lanterns (Rise of the Empress, #1)

I am pretty excited for this book. It is a book about an East Asian legend where a peasant girl becomes an Empress. Rarely, do I read YA books that have Asian characters as a protagonist. I think it will be nice having a change in common fantasy fiction. The main character's name is Xifeng and she's "beautiful." Sorry, I laughed at that. I don't think I KNOW a YA main character that is ugly haha. So, this girl knows she will become the Empress because her witch aunt said she would. The catch is, if she wants to be Empress she must overcome her darkness and maybe (?) pay a hefty price. Oh my lord, she eats the hearts of people that have died. Well... I did not see that coming. So, she needs to use this guy that loves her to satisfy a god's desire? I'll admit I'm a tad lost on what this book will contain. Well, I hope it will be worth my time reading this.

That's it everyone! The next five books that I will be reading. I'm most excited for War Storm and least excited for The Last Namsara and Forest of a Thousand Lanterns. Which books are you excited for? Let me know in the comments down below or message me on any of my social media accounts! 

5 comments:

  1. AHHH, I can't wait for WAR STORM!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! :D
    I don't know what to expect after King's Cage. I just hope I don't end up crying in this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Me too! I just love the series so much and I don't want their story to end.

      Delete
  2. Ooh well I will say Three Dark Crowns is easily a 4 for me and maybe a 5- depends on the day. :) But it's a good start to a great series- I think the next book is even better. May start a little slow as you get used to all the characters, but good stuff.

    the rest I don't know although Lanterns looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 4 chapters in to Three Dark Crowns and I love the differences in the three girls! It's been a while since I've been excited to read a new series. Thank you for stopping by <3

      Delete
    2. You're welcome, and hope it keeps being good for you. I enjoyed the differences too, and had a hard time picking a favorite (I was thinking I would have one and was wrong- I liked them all in different ways). Plus Jules and some of the other support characters are well done.

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS