Book Review: Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Author: Sarah Fine
Series: Yes - Book #2 in Of Metal and Wishes. Final Book.
Cover: I personally am never a fan of having models on the cover of books, but the reason why I picked up the first book was because of the Asian model in the front. Many of the books I read rarely have an Asian protagonist. In the end I guess it was an interesting enough cover to capture my attention. 
Rating: 4/5 I wasn't a huge fan of the first book. The first book was a simple read for me, but it wasn't a page turner. This book has greatly improved compared to the first book and I am glad I decided to continue reading this series. 

Image result for of dreams and rust

Review: As I stated above, I didn't enjoy Of Metal and Wishes as much as I did with this book. Part of me believed that Wen would be one of those foolish girls that always believed their love interest was right no matter what. Wen in reality, always had conflicting thoughts between doing what is right versus what she believed was right. It was refreshing and heartbreaking to read her going through this huge development in her life. Of Dreams and Rust is breathtaking, beautiful, heartbreaking and emotional.

There were so many parts in this book that clenched my heart and made me tear. At the same time there were many parts that made me giddy with happiness and clap with joy. There were moments that felt like it dragged on for me to read, but they're minimal enough that I can continue to finish reading the book. I would like to say great work to Fine for making me so invested into the life of Wen. 

The ending was a wild ride. The last five chapters I read so fast and felt so much emotion I thought my head would explode. I would like to read more work from Fine especially if she is able to create these two amazing cultures and explain the differences between them so clearly. This will be one of those books that I will remember and recommend to other people. 

Favorite Moment:

"My hatred is a cold, cold thing. Colder than the air around me. I let it eat me up, grateful that it leaves nothing behind, not sorrow nor grief, neither fear nor regret. I am still and unfeeling as the rocky peaks above me as Bajram coils the rope around my neck. I am numb as he yanks me to my feet."

Top 3 Favorite Characters

Wen - This girl has more courage that I can ever describe. She is so stubborn and focused that she doesn't let anyone stop her. She is tiny and her main skill set is basic medical aid, yet she still decides to go into the cold mountains, by her self, where people of her race can be killed, where war machines trample people like ants, all to save people she has never met. That is so humbling and brave of her.

Melik - Melik is just a heart warmer. Every time he is on the page I just hope him and Wen can talk and relax with each other. There are many moments where I want to just grab him and Wen and lock them in a closet so they can talk in peace and makeup. I know Fine wanted Wen to be stuck on choosing between Melik and Bo, but my heart was set on Melik from the first time I read about him.

Anni - She is so selfless and full of love. I cannot imagine the amount of fear, sorrow and pain she suffered at all. She never cared what race a person was as long as they were a kind soul. She accepted Wen with no hesitation, all for the happiness of her son. 


Buy it on Amazon: 
Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS