The List Keeps Growing (#2)

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Happy Tuesday everyone!

This is just a small update of what I've been doing and all the reasons why I haven't been posting. This year I wanted to read 20 books and well THAT'S NOT HAPPENING! I think I've read 8? That's so bad haha. I've been working and studying for some licenses for my work, which means 8 hour work day + 2-3 hours of studying. I just didn't have time for books. I DID read a couple of books which I have to write reviews on, so that will be coming soon. 

Any who, this post is all the books I've added on my TBR list. I have a grand total of 62 books I'd like to read now. This is a small list compared to other bloggers out there. Some have into the thousands!! I remember when I used to read a book a day. Where did all that time go?! Hopefully I can tackle most of these books down the road. Here are the new family members to my TBR list!

1. Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte

Four Dead Queens

I have to say this book caught my attention because of the cover. I really liked Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake, so I had to pick this book up. After reading the synopsis, I realize it is completely different to Three Dark Crowns. I'm still interested in it so it is definitely in my pile now. Again, love the cover. 

2. King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo

King of Scars (Nikolai Duology, #1)

I'm a sucker for amazing covers. I have never read any of Bardugo's works. I was told that this book along with her other series belong all in the same world. Which means I have so much catching up to do to understand everything.... I don't know where to even start. Any suggestions? 

3. Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff 

Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)

This is the same author of Lifelik3!! I really want to read Lifelik3 and since I saw that the author is the same, I decided to toss this book in my list too. Also, I am a sucker for books about space. I don't read many books about Sci-Fi, mostly faeries and dragons. Gotta change up the flavor every once in a while. 

4. Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson 

Sorcery of Thorns

This is another cover that captured my attention. Something about it just makes me want to have it on my bookshelf. Also, aren't grimoires books? So this is a book about a girl fighting books. Give me a ticket because I'm ready to see this show LOL.

5. A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer

A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)

This book seems like it is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I love retellings, especially great ones. I've seen a lot of good reviews for this book so I can't wait to read it one day. I think if I was whisked away into a magical world, I'd freak out and probably die. No way I'd be able to save anyone hahaha.

So, here are all the books that I'm adding. Not a whole lot, but I'm not a speedy reader either. The year is closing and I am not going to hit my reading goal. Maybe I'll hit it next year. C'mon Elle, it is only 20 books!!!


5 comments:

  1. I think you have had a pretty good excuse not to reach your reading target! Still, getting on in your working life is important so I hope the studying is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chuckles! I's rather be reading than studying though xD I know you have a HUGE TBR list, hopefully you get a lot of it down too!

      Delete
  2. i agree with chuckles. life is all about priorities. you have some good looking books and i hope you get a chance to read them
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch kissanime Online English Subbed & Dubbed

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS