Anime Review: Carole & Tuesday

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Where to Watch: Netflix
Episodes: 24
Genres: Drama, Music & Sci-Fi
Rating: 9/10 If you're interested in a cute anime with a heartwarming soundtrack, this is the anime for you!

Image result for carole and tuesday

Synopsis from MyAnimeList: 

It has been 50 years since mankind began its migration to the terraformed Mars, where they live by in the comforts of advancement in AI. Carole lives in the metropolis of Alaba City, working part-time by day and playing keyboard by night. Tuesday has run away from her home in Hershell City to escape the grip of her wealthy family, and instead hopes to pursue music with her acoustic guitar.

After a fateful encounter, the two decide to perform music together. Up against the AI singers that dominate the music world, the two of them believe that together they can convey their feelings through their songs. Will hard work and luck be enough for the duo to create the biggest miracle that Mars has ever seen?

Review: This anime was a recommendation from my sister. This is probably the most wholesome anime I've watched in my entire life. It is a great anime for you to relax into. There's nothing too intense about it, but if you're looking to feel warm and cozy in this upcoming winter, I suggest you watch this anime. I can't wait to see if any more seasons will be released.

The drama in this show is nothing too crazy. I'm not into over dramatic shows and this anime had the right amount. It is a story of two best friends. I love learning bits and pieces of Carole and Tuesday and seeing how it shaped who they are today. I do have to admit that Tuesday gets a tad annoying towards the end. I hope we get to explore more of Carole's background in future episodes. 

THE MUSIC IS THE BEST PART OF THIS ANIME. I have the entire playlist on my Spotify. There is literally every genre of music in this anime. My favorite song is in episode nine :) :) :) :) so....if you know what I mean ;D. My favorite part is seeing them develop all these songs. Especially since songs in their world are all computer generated. Oh! The songs are in English too and they hired actual English speaking singers. 

Image result for carole and tuesday

Another cool thing about this anime is that it takes place on Mars. Literally, everything is AI controlled. It is interesting to see how something old school such as acoustic guitar is mixed with high tech things such as AI music video generators. All the songs, dances, commercials, art etc are AI based. There are robots to do everything, even judging on a music competition!

Overall, I would recommend it if you like cute anime. This warmed my heart up so much. It can probably keep you warm this winter too! If you don't want to watch, maybe check out the songs. That may convince you to try it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS