Book Review: Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Author: Rosalyn Eves
Series: Yes - Book #1 of the Blood Rose Rebellion series.
Cover: I really really like the cover. The disintegrating roses and them turning into stone looks so amazing. Beautiful cover!
Rating: 3/5 I actually enjoyed this book a bit more than I thought I would. It wasn't "AMAZING" but it was interesting enough for me to finish it and not mind reading the next book of the series. 

Blood Rose Rebellion (Blood Rose Rebellion, #1) 
Reviews: I read this book in the summer so I don't remember a whole lot of the details in this book. Therefore, this review will be really short! Overall this book received a 3/5 because I enjoyed the plot of the book but there was nothing new that made the book more memorable than others. It has been a while since I've read a book that takes place in Europe though. Overall, it was a nice read for the summer.

The book focuses on Anna Arden, a person with no magic living in a society that depends on magic. One day she breaks her sister's spells on her debutante. As punishment, she is sent away with her grandmother far from London. She later finds out that she does have power, but it is different than what she has always learned in her life. With this new knowledge, rebellions rise all around her. Who's side is she on?


In the world of Blood Rose Rebellion some people are born with magic while others aren't. The book takes place in Europe around 1800 - 1900. They may have stated it in the book, but I read this months ago so I don't remember much. In general, the rich and noble families tend to have magic while commoners do not. A surprise to Anna is that in the newly formed United States of America everyone is able to have magic. She then wonders if magic is through blood or is it bought.

The characters that are focused on in this book is Anna, the defect noble, Noemi, her cousin, and Garbor, a gypsy. Those who possess magic are called the Luminates. I enjoyed Anna's characterization and Noemi as well. I didn't like Garbor much because he seemed like the generic "hot bad boy that you shouldn't be with, but you're so attracted to." I can't wait to see how much Anna grows in the future. 


After reading this book, I think I have found a new genre that I like to read. Historical fiction was something I wasn't too interested in reading, but as I was reading this book, I was googling all the tid bits about Queen Victoria. In the book, she is considered the most powerful Luminate in the world. It is interesting reading how much impact her reign had in real life. I want to see how magic is in other parts of the world, like India. 

What I didn't enjoy about this book was the romance. I felt bad for Anna because she had a shitty romance from the start, but the new one felt so forced as well. I don't know if it is just me, but her kissing her cousin was weird. I know that they aren't immediate cousins and that it was normal for nobles to have relations with relatives to keep money in their family and all. Still... was a bit awkward for me.


Overall, this book was alright. I wouldn't recommend this book as the very next thing you pick up to read, but if you're into some light reading, maybe try this book. I'm hoping the series gets better. I hope Eves expands on the societies under British monarchy like the US or India. Let me know your thoughts if you've read this book!

Audiobook Rating: 

Fiona Hardingham - I loved the voice acting of Hardingham. I give her a 5/5. The accent she provides for each of the character is unique and I believe fits each of them perfectly. Can't wait to see her in the rest of the series!

Top 3 Characters

Anna - I feel really bad for her situation. Everyone in her family just wishes she would disappear. Now she is a force to be reckon with. 

Noemi - She is the sensible one in my opinion. Everyone is just off doing what ever they want without thinking about consequences and Noemi here is just trying her best to get through life. 

Garbor - He's my last choice because I don't remember the other characters. Sorry xD


That is all everyone!! Happy New Year everyone! I hope to read 20 books this years. What about you all?

5 comments:

  1. I've set my initial goal for 100 though I'd like to get up to 200 but this year I'm reducing reading stress so I'll adjust the total as I go along! I agree with you about the book cover-it is very effective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need The To Hire A Hacker❓ Then contact PYTHONAX✅

      The really amazing deal about contacting PYTHONAX is that the Hack done by us can’t get traced to you, as every Hacking job we do is strongly protected by our Firewall. It’s like saying if anyone tries to trace the Hack, it will lead them to us and we block whatever actions they are doing.

      We have been Invisible to Authorities for almost a decade now and if you google PYTHONAX, not really about us comes out, you can only see comments made by us or about us.

      Another Amazing thing to you benefit from Hiring our Hackers is that you get a Legit and the best Hacking service, As we provide you with Professional Hackers who have their Hacking Areas of specialization.
      We perform every Hack there is, using special Hacking tools we get from the dark web.

      Some list of Hacking Services we provide are-:
      ▪️Phone Hacking & Cloning ✅
      ▪️Computer Hacking ✅
      ▪️Emails & Social Media Account Hacking✅
      ▪️Recovering Deleted Files✅
      ▪️Tracking & Finding People ✅
      ▪️Hunting Down Scammers✅
      ▪️Hack detecting ✅
      ▪️Stealing/Copying Files & Documents From Restricted Networks and Servers ✅
      ▪️Credit Score Manipulation ✅
      ▪️ Deleting Criminal Records✅
      ▪️Bitcoin Multiplication✅
      ▪️Binary Option Money Recovery ✅
      ▪️Scam Money Recovery✅ And lots more......

      ✳️ SPECIAL HACKING SERVICES-: we also specialize in Scam Bounty, as we chase down SCAMMERS and help individuals RECOVER Money stolen from them by this online SCAMMERS. Please be watchful about this SCAMMERS. They post ❌ENTICING TESTIMONIES and it quite Convincing.


      Whatever Hacking service you require, just give us an Email to the Emails Address provided below.
      pythonaxhacks@gmail.com
      pythonaxservices@gmail.com

      PYTHONAX.
      2020 © All Right Reserved.

      Delete
  2. Not sure this book would be for me but I do like the cover. I usually set my goal at 100 books and I met my goal last year so I met set it at 150 this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layout of your page is interestingly interactive and engaging. It's super cool

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS