Book Review: Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody

Friday, October 5, 2018

Author: Amanda Foody
Series: Yes- Book #1 in The Shadow Games series.
Cover: I enjoy this cover. I wouldn't say it is the most unique cover I've seen, but it is fitting for the book. Can't say I would change it!
Rating: 3.5/5 This book wasn't what I was expecting. At the same time, it wasn't a disappointment either? I grew to enjoy the book as it went on.

Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game, #1)


AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Hello everyone, I promise you I am not dead. I've just been super duper busy. I pinky promise with Scout's Honor that I will try and post more often. Confession, I finished this book about 3 weeks ago. Therefore, this review will be a lot shorter than normal because I don't remember anything besides the major details. I know it is really unfair, but I don't feel like re-reading the book again either. So here we go!

Review: The gambling aspect of this game was not what I was expecting. Overall, I enjoyed the book. Ace of Shades isn't a type of book that I would read non-stop. It is a very simple book with a predictable story line. At first I thought this book would be very ordinary, turns out there's magic in this world as well.

The characters are prreeettttyyyyy normal for me. Enne is the basic rich girl that is too innocent for this cruel world. She then suddenly finds out she is more important than she thought. Levi is the classic bad boy that is misunderstood. Also, SHOCKER, they both ended up liking each other in the span of 10(?) days.



What else....hmm... bad guys are bad guys? Good guys are good guys? Normal people are pretty normal? Would I recommend it? Sure, why not. 

Audiobook Review:

I think the voice actor, Saskia Maarleveld did an amazing job with Enne. As for the other characters, I think it'll be a pass. She dropped the accent on characters a lot in the beginning and other times, she makes a very thick accent. Overall 3/5. 

Favorite Characters: 

1. Enne
2. Levi
3. ??????????????

I don't remember each of the characters well enough to pick a third favorite.

Welp... Sorry for being MIA for a while. I'll try my hardest to blog more often :) Missed a lot of you <3 Next book I'll be reading is Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything is ok and you were just busy! I was a bit worried about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry Chuckles! I didn't mean to worry you. Work has just been killing me slowly haha.

      Delete
  2. Lol, you're fine! I've been wanting to read this book since it came out, glad it wasn't too disappointing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty decent :) Hope you'll enjoy it when you read it!

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS