Burying Myself in Webtoons (#2)

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Hello everyone! Happy Wednesday.

It has been a while since we chatted or blogged. Last time, I made a post about all the webtoons that I read when I'm taking a break from YA books. You can read about the previous post here. For those who don't know what a webtoon is, a webtoon is a digital comic strip that is published online. I absolutely love the art, story line, dedication and work that is involved in these comics. I'm still reading the webtoons from my previous post, but here are some more webtoons that I would like to recommend to you all! 

1. True Beauty by Yaongyi

Image result for true be webtoon


A high school girl who rises to pretty girl fame in her school after she masters the art of make-up via YouTube

This is the latest webtoon that I've been reading. There's only 10 chapters up so far. It is a very new webtoon, but I am enjoying it greatly. It is interesting to see how powerful makeup can be. How make up can not only change how you look physically, but also how you change on the inside as well. Everyone always hears the same comment of "it's what's on the inside that counts" or "looks don't matter," but do they really not matter?

2. Cat Loaf Adventures by kyutepastry

Image result for cat loaf adventures

Follow the adventures of Cat Loaf and other pastry treats!

OMFG............. THIS IS THE CUTEST WEBTOON EVER. Do you like cats? Do you like pastries? Do you like cuteness? WELL I HAVE A WEBTOON FOR YOU!!!! Seriously though, this webtoon makes me squeal in delight. There are 47 episodes and you'll finish them all in a heartbeat. It's so freaking cute. Just read it. I promise zero regrets. 

3. Dents by Beth Behrs, Matt Doyle & Sid Kotian

Image result for dents webtoon

Dents is an apocalyptic journey to the year 2111, where more than half of the world’s population has been wiped out by an ancient plague. After a vaccination is developed, there is a massive increase in the birth of identical twins possessing extraordinary powers, known in society as “Dents.” Following an incident at school, Eleanor learns that she herself is a Dent, separated from her twin at birth, and is quickly swept into an underground society of other Dents trying to survive. Dents will be back with a brand new season!

Okay this webtoon is for all the superhero lovers out there. Think of this webtoon as a combination of X-men and Avatar the Last Airbender. No joke, this is the love child of the two TV series. I read 54 chapters in ONE day. I'm not crazy I swear. 

4. Lore Olympus by Rachel Smythe

Image result for lore olympus

Friends, gossip, parties, and of course love. A modern retelling of The Taking of Persephone.

The art style of this webtoon is so gorgeous and different. It gives me a slight Picasso vibe (just a slight okay?!) This webtoon is an adaptation of the myth of Persephone and Hades. You can say it is a fan fiction. There are currently 32 episodes out right now. As a lover of the Percy Jackson series, this webtoon fit right up my alley. 

5. Refund High School by LICO

Image result for refund high school

Do you want a refund on your life? Start earning karma at The Refund High School to reincarnate as an ideal version of yourself.

Soooooo.... You're dead and you didn't get to live your life to the fullest yet. Well, WELCOME TO REFUND HIGH SCHOOL! Think of your classic high school drama and stories... okay now fill it with mythical creatures and the dead :D :D :D There are 53 episodes out at the moment. I do have to admit that the story starts off very slow. I believe at this moment, the webtoon is getting juicy!

6. Ecstasy Hearts by SilentMaru

Image result for ecstasy hearts

Shimizu Anya is the daughter of the two former top Tennis Players of the world. And now, it's her time to conquer the domain of Professional Tennis at least until her destined rival came and completely crushed her before she could even break out of her bubble. This is where her one-sided rivalry begins.

This is the only webtoon out of both blog posts that is actually finished. Not going to lie, this webtoon made me cry at the end. Actual tears. There's 96/97 episodes to this webtoon. It is absolutely gorgeous, and every single character looks like a model. I cannot wait to see if SilentMaru will release any new webtoons for readers to enjoy next! 

7. CinnamonRoll by Re Me

Image result for cinnamon roll webtoon

Whether the most popular guy in school to melt heart of the Ice Princess?

This webtoon is short. Like four pictures per episode short. There are 28 episodes. If my math is correct, there's only 112 cells(?) or pictures total. If you want a very short read, I would recommend this webtoon. Then again, this webtoon makes me want more, but I can't get more because each episode is only four pictures!!!!!

8. Outside The Box by Momo 

Image result for outside the box webtoon

Beautiful, intelligent and rich— Lee Eun-Mi has it all but for some reason, her Marriage Prospect, Hyun-jun, doesn't seem to like her... in fact, he hates her! All she wanted was to choose the perfect partner for the future but things just won't go as she planned—and now she's pulled into the center of a complex love quadrangle... and she's the only outsider.

I simply love the art of this webtoon. The story line is good too, but I love the design of the main character. There's only 40 episodes out right now and the plot is just about to hit off. I would recommend this to anyone that wants a good romance to read. It starts off slow, but after 10 episodes or so, you'll warm up to it :)

9. Scarce Clover by Hima- 

Image result for scarce clover

800 Years ago, the rulers of the five kingdoms disappeared without a trace. One day, a girl with unique eyes, reminiscence of the forgotten elf king, appeared and caught the new elf king's attention.

This webtoon was just a fun light one to read. It is fantasy based and I think it is alright. There are 41 episodes available at this moment. I believe this webtoon is a great filler in between other webtoons LOL. Try it out and let me know what you think :)!

That is it everyone! All the webtoons that I'm currently reading and plus the ones I was reading in the previous post. There were other webtoons that I did read a couple chapters of, but I didn't like them as much, so I dropped them. If you've read any of these webtoons let me know in the comments down below! If you have any recommendations on webtoons that I should read, let me know that as well. Thank you everyone for stopping by.



8 comments:

  1. I've discovered a few webtoons and they're kinda fun! I love following ones that update weekly, it's like following a serial. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It is so much fun to read. Which ones are your currently reading?

      Delete
  2. Scarce Clover sounds good, I'll have to give that one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read any Webtoons, but I'll have to check it out. I used to read manga and watch anime a lot, but I've slowed down in recent years because I haven't had much time and I've prioritized novels over everything else. These webtoons look beautiful though, especially Dents! Thanks for all the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a manga lover as well! I used to see webtoons being featured on manga sites so I decided to give them a try. If you do decide to read Dents, let me know what you think! :)

      Delete
  4. I didn't know what a webtoon was, or that they existed, until I saw this post. Are they similar to anime?

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anime is usually a TV series or show while Manga is the reading form of the anime. Usually anime comes from Manga. Anime 90% (I made this number up) of the time is from Japan. Webtoons are from creators around the world. I've read works from Malaysia, USA, South Korea, India, etc. The creators are updating a new episode every week or so. They are made as a digital vertical comic. So, I would say that it is half manga? I think comic books, webtoons, and manga are all cousins but aren't siblings. Hopefully that helps LOL.

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS