October Wrap Up 2018

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Happy Thursday everyone!

I hope everyone had a blast with Halloween. Turkey time for people in the States is coming soon and I cannot wait. I absolutely love Thanksgiving. Overall, October was a very simple month for me. Work was very busy, which means I didn't have much time for reading. Here are the books that I read in October.


1. Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody

Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game, #1)


This book was a pleasant read. At first, I didn't enjoy the book as much, but thinking about it again it wasn't a bad book compared to other books. The next book in this series is King of Fools. 

2. Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian 

Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy #1)


I didn't have high hopes for this book. I thought that this book would be a copy cat of the other books that I've read so far. Even though IT WAS like the other books, I still enjoyed it greatly. Think of it like the same cookie dough cut with the same cookie cutter except with a different icing design. Next book in this series is Lady Smoke.

3. Wintersong by S. Jae Jones

Wintersong (Wintersong, #1)


Hmm... No sugar coating it, this book sucked. I know a lot of people loved this book, but it is not my cup of tea. Next book in this series is Shadowsong and I will not be reading it. 

Currently Reading 

Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink & Jeffery Cranor

Welcome to Night Vale (Night Vale, #1) 

I am 50% through with this book. I'm pretty sure I'll finish it by next week :)

That is all for my wrap up for October! Any plans for November? What is your favorite dish on Thanksgiving if you celebrate it? I'm literally starving just thinking about it. Let me know in the comments down below~



8 comments:

  1. Awesome wrap-up Elle! I'm hoping to read Ace of Shades soon...but we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wintersong is one I was planning on reading next week for the #HoHoHoRAT! I'm sorry it didn't work for you -- always a bummer.

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you'll end up liking Wintersong :) Can't wait to read your review of it!

      Delete
  3. I love Thanksgiving, can't wait! And how is Night Vale? I'm very curious, the podcast is so quirky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never listened to the podcast, but the book is very... interesting LOL. Not what I expected!

      Delete
  4. October turned out a disaster for reading due to being so tired-typical when I had great horror reads and films planned! I'm hoping I do better this month which is Scifi month and I plan to relax and do nothing much other than books, blogging and watch TV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no :( I'm sorry to hear that. I hope next month will get better for you too! There's so many books to read. Books, blogging, and TV watching sounds like an absolute blast :)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS