Book Review: King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Author: Victoria Aveyard
Series: Yes - Book #3 in the Red Queen Series 
Cover: Terrifyingly Beautiful (The crown is made of bones!)  
Rating: I would read this book again and recommend it to all who need a little spark in their reading schedule :)

Image result for kings cage

Review: I have read the other two books in this series, but I'm starting my review on the third book. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I finished this book in two days in the midst of school/work, staying up until 3 am reading until I fell asleep. I WANT THE NEXT BOOK NOW! This book tugs my heartstrings and the characters are all so different with distinct personalities. King's Cage brought me into the world of magical powers, divided kingdoms, conflicting princes, and endless descriptions of outfits. I started to become really attached to some characters that I hated in the first book and started to hate some of the others. Also, the ending of this book KILLED ME. I won't say more, but it KILLED ME. Hopefully you'll enjoy the world of red and silver. 

Favorite Quote: 
Cal: "'But Nanabel, my grandmother - my father's mother-'"
Mare: "Anabel Lerolan. The old queen. 'You call her Nanabel?'"

Top 3 Favorite Characters

Cal - I think I just have a soft heart for guys like Cal. He's kind and caring especially towards Mare and his brother Maven. There are moments with him that makes me want to throw the book to the wall, but overall he is still my favorite character. 

Mare - Mare Barrow, the lightning girl and the one who started all this mess. I like her for the reason that she is a fighter. A very stubborn fighter, but she doesn't let her feelings get in the way of her goal.

Evangeline - I am in love with this girl. She has the best dresses and an attitude that bites. This book really gave her a light to walk in and she quickly became someone I despised to one of my favorite characters.  

Buy it on Amazon: 
King's Cage (Red Queen)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS