Book Review: Boundless by Cynthia Hand

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Author: Cynthia Hand
Series: Yes- Book #3 in the Unearthly Series. Final Book.
Cover: I personally don't like models on the covers of books.
Rating: Yes...No...Yes...Why... (I would recommend)

Image result for boundless unearthly

Review: Overall, I would have to say that this book is charming. I enjoyed the variety of characters that were presented from the main crew to the background characters. It took me two days to finish reading this book and I don't regret it at all. I love the way Hand wrote about Clara's experience in college because it gives me flashbacks to my freshman year and all the things I was struggling with (although less intense than Clara's). The way the book is written makes it feel like you're there in person with Clara, it's beautiful the way scenes are portrayed and there's an emotional connection that you can feel with each character. I also appreciate how there was a moment where you think " oh good it's all over" and SURPRISE! It's not! I wouldn't say this book isn't predictable, but it is a pleasant read. I am sad on finding out who Clara picks in the end between Tucker and Christian, but I'm not mad about it because I feel like Clara made that clear decision easily in the beginning of the book. The ending was a nice solution to the boy problems Clara faces. In the end, I really enjoyed the book and I would recommend it to anyone that likes love triangles and dealing with angel drama.

Favorite Moment:

"The clouds are all gone, only a few wisps of white hanging in the distance. The sky is clear. The sun is dropping slowly toward the ocean, glancing off the treetops in a golden blaze."

Top 3 Favorite Characters 

Clara - The reason why I like Clara is because she just really wants a normal life. She doesn't want to be an angel and deal with all these visions and Black Wings. It's different from other novels where the main character gets super powers or a skill and wants to save the world. Clara in a way just wants to finish her "chores" and get some rest.

Christian - He's so stinking charming and sweet. I really would like a Christian in my life. I feel sorry that he really gets one of the shorter straws in the book. Hopefully he has a happy ending somewhere in the Unearthly realm.

Angela - Oh dang, I feel for Angela. She has to deal with so many things in this book that Clara's problems are tiny compared to her. Part of me was sad to see this spunky character I enjoyed in book one and two change so much, but I understand the change. If the book was written through her point of view, it would have been much darker and a bittersweet ending. 


Buy it on Amazon: 
Boundless (Unearthly)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS