Book Review: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: Yes - Book #2 in The Iron Fey Series
Cover: I like the background of the cover. Not a huge fan of having someone's face in the front, but that is a personal preference. 
Rating: Hmmm....Its okay...

Image result for the iron daughter

Review: It has been years since I've read the first book and I remembered thoroughly enjoying the The Iron King. Sadly this book was a let down for me. I love fantasy books that involve faeries and such, but Meghan was a disappointment to me. Maybe it is because I was younger when I started the series. She is obsessed with Ash. To the point where it becomes annoying and stupid. Throughout the book, all she talks about is Ash, Ash, Ash, and Ash. She doesn't have any skills or useful talents what so ever. Meghan would get into trouble and either Ash or Puck would have to come and save her. Maybe I am used to reading books with strong female characters that Meghan seems so ordinary to me. I will continue the series just to finish it, but I do hope that Meghan can become more independent and entertaining.

Favorite Quote:  
"I could handle ghosts and bogeymen and evil, flesh-eating horses, but giant freaking spiders? That's where I drew the line."

Top 3 Favorite Characters

This was hard for me to choose from because I didn't enjoy the main crew of the novel. So all the characters that are mentioned here are just my favorites for random reasons :)

Grimalkin - He's a cat. I freaking love cats. He also seems like the most chill person you'll ever meet in the series. Not to mention he seems to be the only one that knows how to think ahead in the novel.

Ironhorse - HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE A GUY LIKE IRONHORSE? Although reading the text in caps was annoying. He was the most genuine person there.

Queen Mab - She made Meghan shut up. Which I enjoyed perfectly. Also she's probably the only character that lost the most out of everyone in this book which makes me feel for her. 

Buy it on Amazon: 
The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS