The List Keeps Growing

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Hey there strangers! Happy Thursday.

It has been forever since I posted ANYTHING. Work and life have made it a tad difficult for me to post things. December is the busiest month out of the year for me at work. I'm also working on a side hobby as well that is taking a bit of my time. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Did you get anything that you wanted?? 

This post is basically a list of all the books I am putting on my TBR list. I probably should read books faster though... My list feels like it's getting longer and longer with no end in sight. Right now, my TBR list has 53 books on there. If I want to read all those books by the end of next year. I need to finish one book a week. That is a tall order... Oh well! Onto the books that are added to my TBR list :)


1. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi

Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) 

I think out of all the books I've seen around this year; this book is by far the MOST recommended to me. Every forum I went to have this book as a must read. To be honest, I don't exactly know how I feel about this book. It doesn't feel like the type a book that I would enjoy? The reason I finally decided to put this book on my TBR list is because I think it deserves a chance. Who knows? Maybe this book will be my absolute favorite EVER.

2. The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)

This one is another loved book among YA readers. I'm going to be honest. I'm not a HUGE HUGE fan of faeries. There are exceptions though *cough* Throne of Glass *cough* 90% of the time, all the fairy themed books feel really similar. I guess you can make that argument about every genre... I'm also currently reading The Iron Fey series and they're mehhhhh at the moment. Hopefully this book is stellar. 

3. The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton

The Belles (The Belles #1)

Being 100% truthful... I judge books by their covers. I know, I know, that's really bad and I shouldn't do it, but I DO. I steer clear away from books with models as their cover. A book friend of mine, Megan, has been nagging to me about this book for 3 months! She is persistent. So, this book is now added, BUT I probably won't read it for a while. Sorry Megan!

4. Skyward by Brandon Sanderson

Skyward

I have never heard of this book before. I saw this book while I was voting in the Goodreads choice awards. Read the synopsis of the book and it was instantly added to my list. IT HAS ALIENS! Also, it has been a while since I've read a book with a male author. Can't wait to give this book a shot!

5. The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert

The Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood, #1)

I've never seen this book in my life, but dear lord is that cover pretty. I love it! 80% of the reason why this book is going in my TBR list is because I like the cover... So much detail in one page. I mean just look at it. I'm sure the cover alone has so much story to tell besides the words in the book. I can't wait to crack this baby open.

6. Lifel1k3 by Jay Kristoff

Lifel1k3 (Lifelike, #1)

Eh... I'm a bit skeptical about this book, but my friend Anna says she'll disown me as her friend if I didn't give this book a shot. She here you go Anna. It is on the list. Happy? :)

7. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard

Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)

Another book that has been passed around in forums. I'm 50/50 on adding this book to my TBR. The synopsis just sounded alright, but I figured I should give it a shot since many people are recommending it. I think the idea of having the ability to tell apart lies is pretty cool. Although... it must suck if you hear something you didn't want.

Anywho~ Those are all the books I'm adding to my TBR list. Making it a grand total of 60 books on my list. That means if I want to read all 60 books in 365 days, I would need to finish 1 book every 6 days. Think I can do it xD? I wonder what my reading goal should be for next year. I was thinking 20 would be a safe number... Would you recommend these books to me? How many books do you want to read next year? Let me know down below!

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to swap TBRS with you! Mine stands at just under 1200 and those are all books I actually own as physical or digital books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Chuckles... That's so many books to read! You must have read thousands of books by now. Maybe one day I'll reach the triple digits in TBRs :)

      Delete
  2. Hazelwood, skyward, and The Cruel Prince are on my TBR too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh let me know what you think of the books when you finish them!!!

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS