Anime Review: Goblin Slayer

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Where to Watch: Crunchyroll
Episodes: 12
Genres: Action, Adventure & Fantasy
Rating: 8/10 I heard so many good and bad things about this anime that I had to check it out. Curiosity killed the cat and satisfaction brought it back.

WARNING: PLEASE BE 17+ BEFORE WATCHING THIS ANIME. CONTAINS SENSITIVE MATERIAL SUCH AS RAPE, GORE, AND PROFANITY

Image result for goblin slayer



Synopsis from MyAnimeList:

Goblins are known for their ferocity, cunning, and rapid reproduction, but their reputation as the lowliest of monsters causes their threat to be overlooked. Raiding rural civilizations to kidnap females of other species for breeding, these vile creatures are free to continue their onslaught as adventurers turn a blind eye in favor of more rewarding assignments with larger bounties.

To commemorate her first day as a Porcelain-ranked adventurer, the 15-year-old Priestess joins a band of young, enthusiastic rookies to investigate a tribe of goblins responsible for the disappearance of several village women. Unprepared and inexperienced, the group soon faces its inevitable demise from an ambush while exploring a cave. With no one else left standing, the terrified Priestess accepts her fate—until the Goblin Slayer unexpectedly appears to not only rescue her with little effort, but destroy the entire goblin nest. 

As a holder of the prestigious Silver rank, the Goblin Slayer allows her to accompany him as he assists the Adventurer's Guild in all goblin-related matters. Together with the Priestess, High Elf, Dwarf, and Lizard-man, the armored warrior will not rest until every single goblin in the frontier lands has been eradicated for good.


Review: Man did this anime caused a lot of debate within the community. I have to admit that originally I wasn't going to be watching this anime until I saw all the comments about it. Yes, there were some scenes that I closed my eyes and didn't want to watch, but overall I enjoyed the show. I believe that it is a show that has a lot of potential for character growth of everyone. I don't regret watching this anime and I hope there is a season 2.


Now, this is not an anime for younger viewers or anyone that cannot handle what is said in the warning above. I am dead serious about the warning. This is probably the most R rated anime I've seen. I don't watch a whole lot of anime and even though I enjoyed this show, it won't be the first anime I will suggest even if they're into gore and violence. DON'T SEE IT IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE IT! 



With all of that being said, this is an amazing action anime. I believe 10/12 episodes contain amazing strategics and fighting scenes. There were a couple times where I go "how will they solve this problem?" and be amazed by the answer. I believe the gore is on level with Attack on Titan. So if you can handle the blood and guts of AoT you can probably handle the level of blood and guts in this anime.

This is also a great adventure anime. None of the characters have actual names. For example, there's Goblin Slayer, Priestess, Elf, etc. There is a lot of growing for all the characters in this anime. I don't want to spoil anything, but I can't wait to see how much more GS and Priestess will grow. 

Image result for goblin slayer 

Lastly, the fantasy elements in this anime is amazing. I BELIEVE this anime is based off of the game D&D. There are heroes who "defeat the bad guy" and win the game and there are travelers who are still on the quest. Sometimes these characters get loot. There are a lot of references to dices being rolled. I believe the story even talks about how gods (the players) are the ones who decide what happens with their lives. To us viewers, these are just characters in a "game" but for those characters, it is their life. Pretty amazing...

I guess I'll wrap this review up with, I really enjoyed this anime. I wouldn't recommend this anime to anyone. If you watch it, it is all on you. I will watch season 2 if there is one. You have been warned. Safe journey!!

18 comments:

  1. I kind of want to watch it because it sounds so good, but I don't think I should with the warnings lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst episode in my opinion is the very first 2 and the last 2. So if you can stomach the first two eps, I think you'd be able to watch it all.

      Delete
  2. I don't follow anime too much, but this one has me curious bc of the debate around it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband enjoys anime, I will have him check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anime so I'll have to check this one out! I've been looking for a new one to watch. I'm a new follower. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh welcome welcome!! Let me know what you think of it if you do watch it :)

      Delete
  5. watchcartoonsonline This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  6. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… watch anime online

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the party of my life here you will learn everything about me. anime music video's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Animal lovers are found all over this planet. Fans of all kinds of animals are located throughout the globe, whether it be dogs and cats or peacocks and grizzly bears. A great way to show one's love of ban anime is by wearing animal tees. There are many types of animal tees to be found in the world. Cotton, nylon, rayon, and even silk are the most common types of materials used in these t-shirts. No matter what an animal tee shirt is made of, it will definitely show off the appreciation of animals someone wearing it has.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also Anime

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. kiss anime

    ReplyDelete
  12. Animal hoarding is a problem for not the just hoarder, but the animals themselves. This creatures are actually tragically hurt by what the hoarder perceives as kindness and protection. https://elevage-oie-tricard.com/maps/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Superior post, keep up with this exceptional work. It's nice to know that this topic is being also covered on this web site so cheers for taking the time to discuss this! Thanks again and again! ดูการ์ตูน

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! อนิเมะ

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS