Anime Review: My Hero Academia (Season 3)

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Where to Watch: Crunchyroll
Episodes: 12
Genres: Action, Comedy, School, and Super Powers
Rating: 10/10 This anime is becoming one of my favorite series ever. I'm becoming super attached to these characters!!

Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season

Synopsis from MyAnimeList:

As summer arrives for the students at UA Academy, each of these superheroes-in-training puts in their best efforts to become renowned heroes. They head off to a forest training camp run by UA's pro heroes, where the students face one another in battle and go through dangerous tests, improving their abilities and pushing past their limits. However, their school trip is suddenly turned upside down when the League of Villains arrives, invading the camp with a mission to capture one of the students. 

Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season follows Izuku "Deku" Midoriya, an ambitious student training to achieve his dream of becoming a hero similar to his role model—All Might. Being one of the students caught up amidst the chaos of the villain attack, Deku must take a stand with his classmates and fight for their survival.

Review: My Hero Academia is one of the most beloved anime when it comes to my friends and I. It took me quite a while to finish season 3 though. I am loving the character development of everyone as the series goes on. For example, Deku finally realizing he has legs and can kick instead of punch. Also, I love seeing all the new types of quirks that are showing up in this anime! 



This season follows up with where we left off in season 2. Class 1A is now coming back from another attack from the League of Villains stronger than ever. They are all practicing their own unique skills and getting ready to get their provisional license for hero work. Season 3 shows the viewers how much growth is done for all the characters, but focuses mostly on the MC, Deku. I do wish that for season 4, we get more of the other students (I'm not a manga reader so no spoilers please)!

I really enjoyed the growth that we see for Deku. I think my favorite part of this series is seeing characters like Bakugo and Todoroki not passing the exam. This just shows that there is more to becoming a hero besides an awesome quirk. I also love the introduction of the newer quirks. I think Gang Orca is my favorite character design wise. 

The end of this season left us with the introduction of the top 3 students in UA High school. I always thought that Class 1A were overpowered, but after meeting Mirio, NOPE. Man, I can see why that dude is the top. Not to mention, the other two characters are kind of weird, but I like weird. I wonder what it would have been like if All Might gave his quirk to Mirio instead. 

Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season picture

Either way, this has been another great series for me. I'm super excited to watch season 4 when it comes out. My only problem with anime like this is that it gets too long for me. I think we've hit 60+ episodes so far. I usually stop watching a series around 100-150 episodes. It gets too long and dragged out. Hopefully it gets wrapped up in another 2-3 seasons. What are your thoughts on this season of My Hero Academia? Let me know in the comments below. Do you guys have any recommendations on what I should watch next?  

7 comments:

  1. I haven't actually watched My Hero Academia yet but it's on my watch list.

    Ash @ JennRenee Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of it when you do watch it! :)

      Delete
  2. EEK, I LOVE THIS SERIES SO SO MUCH!! I'm not reading the manga right now though, I try to save that for when the anime is unfinished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read manga in such a long time. I feel like there are so many details that are skipped when they make an anime out of a series.

      Delete
  3. SO MY ONE OF MY FAVOURITE ANIME IS BACK but I didn't know it??? *shocked in japanese*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. kiss anime

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS