Around the Blogs (#2)

Friday, February 22, 2019

Happy Friday everyone!

This post is inspired by the lovely Chuckles over at their blog Chuckles Book Cave. The main reason why I started blogging was by reading wonderful blogs made by other people. It is always fun to read other people's reviews, blog tags, rants, or just posts about anything. I decided that I should post what blog posts I've read and one's that I liked. I read a lot of posts, but here are some that I enjoyed :)


In this blog post, Tracy lists out ten books she thought that were underrated. We both read Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine and I agree that it is an underrated book. If you all have the time, you should check out her book. The first book in the series is called Of Metal and Wishes. Let me know what you think of it!


Here, Inkvotary writes a review on This Side of the Grave. Although I have never read this book, I did enjoy her review of it. I love it when authors give characters unique names. It's hard to saw which names are good and which are bad. It is honestly a toss up, but I think having one called Cat and the other Bones isn't too bad. 


In this blog post, Stephen takes a look at how social media, technology, and loneliness is changing America. It is really interesting to see how advancements in technology can bring people closer together & further apart. People can connect to so many people around the world, but at the same time others may prefer to be by themselves and only connect through social media. 

4. Insideadog - the Revamp! by Sue 


Sue and I talked a bit about how schools cut back funding to certain departments that students "don't need as much". I don't know much about other locations, but I do know classes such as Art, P.E., and language classes are being cut funding in my sibling's schools. Those funding are then used for classes such as Computer Science, Chemistry, Biology, etc. Or they're being used to buy new technology. What are your thoughts?


5. Wreck This Journal – Pages 188-189: W by Megan


Have you ever done a Wreck this Journal? I've never done this before, but I've seen a couple around. I just love the concept of these journals. Usually when I get a brand new journal, I try to keep it all pretty and pristine. BUT my handwriting is pretty atrocious LOL. 





That is all for this post. Do you guys have anything interesting or fun coming up this weekend? I'm going to be attending a local gaming hangout today. It's my first time going ever and I'm doing it by myself. Kinda nervous and excited. Hope you all will have a wonderful time <3

8 comments:

  1. Nothing special planned-just reading about deadly snakes and dinosaurs in the Amazon, eating a nice Indian Curry and praying my football team don't lose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looooooooovvvvvveeeeeeee curry. I had some for lunch today. Did your football team lose?

      Delete
  2. My only plans this weekend are reading, breathing, eating, and working lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh some good stuff to go read. :) And hope the gaming hangout was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very awkward at first, but I enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  4. Hey, you! How was the gaming hangout? What did you play? Our local comic shop used to do those a few nights a week. A ton of people would show up! I also think this is an interesting way to highlight some of the posts you've enjoyed over the week. :)

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gaming hangout was really nice! I was really nervous at first since I didn't know anyone there, but it was fun all around. I might attend another one but I'm not too sure yet. I did ended up making two new friends to game with while I was there so yeah :)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS