Burying Myself in Webtoons (#3)

Saturday, February 16, 2019

Hello everyone! Happy Saturday. 

This is another update to all of the webtoons that I am reading.  For those who don't know what a webtoon is, a webtoon is a digital comic strip that is published online. I absolutely love the art, story line, dedication and work that is involved in these comics. I'm still reading the webtoons from my previous posts, but here are some more webtoons that I would like to recommend to you all! Feel free to recommend me any webtoons that you know as well :)

1. Glacias by Yaruno & Nara

Image result for glacias webtoon


In a world where people live in fear of dragons, Juka, together with his dragon Lyth, is trying to bring balance between humans and dragons! He claims that humans and dragons can live side by side, if they only took the time to understand each other. 

This is a great adventure type of Webtoons. Here you can discover all of the problems, dragons, and people that Juka & Lyth encounter through their journey of building a city where humans and dragons can coexist. There are currently 100 episodes in this webtoon and I love all of it! The art and story is absolutely amazing. My favorite character is Juka. He is so carefree and I love how he solves so many problems easily through friendship and magic (literally).

2. EMPYREA by OHKATES

Image result for empyrea webtoon

For centuries, twelve Guardians and the Knights who serve them have protected Mankind from the fearsome Keres, ancient creatures with a thirst for souls. However, a series of sudden and brutal attacks threatens the fragile peace between Realms. Now Hawk, a Knight who bows before no one, and Kira, a young inventor, find themselves in the eye of the storm and will have to rely on each other to navigate through decadent courts of intrigue and deceit...

This is such a gorgeous gorgeous GORGEOUS webtoon. I absolutely love the art in this webtoon. Currently, the author is taking a break from publishing more episodes. There are 19 episodes available for you to read now if you wish! I also love the personality of Hawk. I don't know how or why, but he is the reason why I kept reading <3

3. Freaking Romance by Snailords 

Image result for freaking romance webtoon

A sexy supernatural story about being out on your own, finding your dream apartment and discovering that your new place is haunted by a handsome spectral stranger from another dimension. Sure, HE can’t see you and YOU can’t touch him, but who said every relationship starts out perfectly?

This webtoon is sooooooo funny. I love how the main character breaks through the 4th wall all of the time. There are 18 episodes out currently, and I need to read the latest episode. All webtoons are gorgeous, but Snailords gives an extra OOMF to their artwork. Absolutely gorgeous!

4. Purple Hyacinth by Sophsim

Image result for purple hyacinth webtoon

He's an assassin. She's a police officer. Now, they need to work together without "accidentally" killing each other. 

OMG This is my second favorite webtoon out of this entire list. Currently the author is taking a pause from publishing more episodes because the webtoon is being moved. There were only 8 episodes out, but oh my lord I need MOAR!!!! This webtoon is so gorgeous and mysterious. I just want to know everything about everyone in this webtoon. Sophism, I hope this webtoon comes back on air soon!!!

5. Gourmet Hound by Leehama

Image result for gourmet hound webtoon

Lucy, a woman with an uncanny sense of taste and smell, discovers that her favorite restaurant has changed kitchen staff--and she does not know the identity of the chef whose cooking she's loved for years. When a lucky accident leads her to two former chefs at Dimanche, she decides that she will do her utmost to track down each of their old colleagues in order to rediscover that "perfect taste".

OKAY PEOPLE. We have FOOD, ROMANCE, and DRAMA. What more could I ask out of a webtoon? This is my new favorite webtoon of all time. There are 113 episodes out and I guarantee you that this is an amazing webtoon to read. I highly recommend it. It is rare to get a webtoon where you love EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER. Usually when I read a webtoon, I don't like reading the story of side characters, but Leehama is so amazing at making each side story interesting and I am 100% invested. 

6. Fragemented / Fragmented (c) by callistaherman

Image result for fragmented webtoon

No one knows the reason why Alicia wears a mask, except the people that cause her to wear it. Rendy; who didn’t think he has anything to do with her, accidentally saw her face. But the fact is that Rendy is connected indirectly to the cause of Alicia’s condition. What relationship did these two people have?

So there are two different endings to this webtoon. The author is updating both of them at the same time. According to the author, this webtoon may turn dark and is not suited for certain readers. There are about 20 episodes in the first Fragmented webtoon. I am keeping tabs on both of the webtoons and I can't wait to see Alicia's face and find out what is so traumatic about her past. I hope she finds love, but if not, that is okay too!

7. Phase by Goriko

Image result for phase webtoon

Min's world is turned upside down when she finds out that she stands to inherit a staggering amount of money. Of course, there is a catch. She has to spend a year living with the irritable, condescending heir of a billion dollar company. Life for Min just got a whole lot more complicated, especially since she has some secrets of her own...

Okay this is a newer webtoon that I am reading. So far the story is okay. I believe it just started to get more interesting. I was about to drop the webtoon until this recent episode that was released. There are 29 episodes at this moment and I am ready for the ship to sail! 

8. Play Dead by Emy M.

Image result for play dead webtoon

When the world's most unsociable, apathetic morbid guy, Leo, gets plagued by his persistent, pestering, energetic neighbor, he is convinced it can only be a recipe for disaster. Joy's determination for them to become friends eventually pays off however and Leo never regretted being more right, not ever in his 500 years of existence...

Ever wonder how the dead move from our world to the next? Or who decides when we have to leave everyone behind? This webtoon is Emy M.'s twist on the role of death. There are currently 11 episodes out. It is very new, but I am super interested in the story. It was originally categorized as a Supernatural webtoon, but was changed to Fantasy & Romance. I'm so curious where this story will go!

9. Midnight Poppy Land by Lilydusk

Image result for midnight poppy land webtoon

Poppy is a shy book editor who makes a grisly discovery in the countryside and is plunged into a world of danger. Along the way, she falls in love with the QUINCEY the gentle son of a mafia lord, but finds her budding romance viciously crushed by Tora, his dangerous and unpredictable bodyguard - who can't seem to leave her alone, or keep his hands off her. 

This is for mature readers out there since it contains a lot of adult content! There are 25 episodes that are out at this moment. I just started this webtoon 2 days ago and I haven't developed a concrete thought about this one. I like it so far, but if it doesn't grab my attention more, I might drop it. 

That is it everyone! All the webtoons that I'm currently reading and plus the ones I was reading in the previous posts. I can't believe Super Secret ended. I was so in love with that webtoon and now it is over!!! There is such a huge hole in my heart. There were other webtoons that I did read a couple chapters of, but I didn't like them as much, so I dropped them. If you've read any of these webtoons let me know in the comments down below! If you have any recommendations on webtoons that I should read, let me know that as well. Thank you everyone for stopping by.



15 comments:

  1. I see at least two that I'm going to add to my list to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gourmet Hound and Midnight Poppy Land sounds just wonderful! I'm currently watching a cooking show as I am answering comments so Gourmet Hound just sounds like such a treat to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite is that the author names every single character after a food! For example, Graham, Brie, and Clementine xD

      Delete
  3. I LOVE GOURMET HOUND SO MUCH THAT I HAVE TO WRITE BY USING ALL CAPITAL LETTERS LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YES YES!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH I'M FAN GIRLING HAHA

      Delete
  4. I enjoy comics and anime, so I feel like this is something I would like! I'll have to try them one of these days. :)

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know what you think of it :)! I want to know your take on webtoons.

      Delete
  5. I want to find more webtoons! I keep seeing fun looking ones and for some reason I never seem to find the time. Argh I need to make time I guess! :)

    I have been reading stuff on ComiXology though! I've found a bunch of cool European comics over there. I like the look of Glacias here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhh I need to check out ComiXology. I think you would like Dents. I mostly wrote a bunch of romance webtoons, but there are a lot of action/thriller/mystery webtoons as well!

      Delete
  6. I love the covers for Freaking Romance and Glacias. So pretty. I never really got into too many webtoons, but there's a couple I check now and then.

    Ash @ JennRenee Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it isn't for everyone. We all have different tastes :)

      Delete
  7. These are quite interesting. I've read most of the ones on the list - some of which like "Freaking Romance", were visually and mentally thought-provoking. I was wondering, have you ever read "DICE". It's one of those webtoons where you could imagine it could be movie, because it's so well-written

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read DICE yet. I'm surprised I haven't stumbled upon it with my daily reading of webtoons xD. I love webtoons like that! I think webtoons are becoming more popular because I saw one of the webtoons I've been reading is turning into a short film!

      Delete
  8. Excellent website! I adore how it is easy on my eyes it is. I am questioning how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. Looking for more new updates. Have a great day! 성인웹툰

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS