Top Ten Books I'd Want on a Deserted Island

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Hello everyone. Happy Saturday!

I was playing some ice breaker games on Wednesday and we had a topic of "which celebrity would you take with you to a deserted island?" So, I decided that I can do this with books too! At first, I was going to put a full series down but that would be way too easy. So, for this list, there are no series allowed per choice. Every book counts as one of the ten. Which made the choices 60x harder. Here are 10 books I'd want on a deserted island.


1. SAS Survival Handbook: How to Survive in the Wild, in Any Climate, on Land or at Sea by John Wiseman

SAS Survival Handbook: How to Survive in the Wild, in Any Climate, on Land or at Sea

Sooooooooo.... this book is self-explanatory LOL...

2. 3. & 4. The Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld

Leviathan (Leviathan, #1)   Behemoth (Leviathan, #2)   Goliath (Leviathan, #3)

This series is one of my favorites AND it has pictures. So, if I'm bored reading, I can always look at the pictures for a bit. 

5. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)

I really enjoyed the first book of this series. Sure, it'll be sad that I can't bring the other books with me, but it's okay. I'll just use my imagination!!!

6. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

Along for the Ride

This is my favorite Sarah Dessen book. So, if I wanted a nice and sweet romance, this is the book for me. Auden and Eli are the sweetest couple in the fictional world for me. Plus, the book is like almost 400 pages, so it'll be a "heavy" read.

7. The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan

The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)

So as everyone knows. I love Rick Riordan books. The best way I can think of to have a piece of this series with me is to bring the very last book. That way I get to visit every character that has been in the series. Also, the book is 500 pages long. A great way to spend time.

8. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)

I have really fallen in love with this book and it's cover!

9. Charlie Bone and the Red Knight by Jenny Nimmo

Charlie Bone and the Red Knight (Children of the Red King, #8)

Same concept as the Heroes of Olympus series. I want to read the last book of this series, so I can visit each of the characters that helped MC along the way.

10. American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang 

American Born Chinese

This is just a fun comic book. It was one of my favorites when I was younger. I don't remember much of the book now, but I don't mind a reread of it!

Alright guys. Those are the books I'd take to a deserted island with me. Hopefully someone rescues me quickly enough, so I don't bore myself to death. Which books would you take? Let me know in the comments down below! 

13 comments:

  1. The last time I thought about this topic, I had the SAS book on my list as well. A must have for any survival situation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I need to survive first if I want to even read the books I brought along with me. :)

      Delete
  2. Good choices, though I've only actually read The Blood of Olympus so far. I'm excited for Three Dark Crowns though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite books this year! I hope you will enjoy the book as well. Keep me posted :)

      Delete
  3. I’d definitely bring books about surviving on a deserted island. I loved American Born Chinese. Such a fun book.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a must! The book is colorful and comedic. I would definitely need something chill and simple while I'm trapped on an island :)

      Delete
  4. How did you choose only ten?? It would have to be books that I love to re-read, and probably really long ones... hmm, I don't know. I'd really have to think about it. I likely wouldn't bring anything useful, like a guide on survival.

    L @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me... It was an internal struggle on deciding only 10 books. How would you survive without something to help you!!! You can't google on a deserted island xD

      Delete
  5. I don't think I could come up with ten celebrities--books would be easier, but then narrowing it down . . . That's hard, isn't it? I love your choices. I like that you went with practical and entertaining. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever get put on a deserted island, I hope a library gets deserted with me too! xD

      Delete
  6. SAS, of course. I keep spotting Three Dark Crowns. I finally will have to pick it up and see what it's about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of Three Dark Crowns! I hope you'll enjoy it!

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS