A Year of Blogging

Friday, June 1, 2018

Hello everyone! Happy Friday!

So, I've officially been blogging for a year now. I didn't get serious with blogging until January of this year. This post is just basically me looking back on the year of blogging but focusing mostly on January 2018 to today. Why? Because I honestly wrote like nothing in 2017 and I don't remember anything blogging related in that year LOL


BOOK STUFF

How many books did I read so far? 
Only 11 lol... I'm a slow reader. I used to read much more and much faster, but as I got older, more tasks were being crammed into my life. I set my reading goal on Goodreads for 8 books. EIGHT BOOKS. What a joke xD! I'll definitely add more books for next year. 

So, out of my 11 books which one did I love most? 
Surprisingly, it would have to be Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas. This book blew my expectations of it. I heard so many negative reviews about this book from my group of friends. I thought I would have hated this book too, but I fell in love with it. I'm such a Chaol fan <3 <3 <3

Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)

Was there a book I was excited to read, but let me down?
Yeah, unfortunately. Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao could have been a lot better. That is just my personal opinion though! I read the excerpts for the second book in the series and it looks BETTER than book #1. So, I'm really excited to read book #2!

Forest of a Thousand Lanterns (Rise of the Empress, #1)

What was the most surprising book? 




Not a book entirely, but one scene in Tower of Dawn made my jaw drop. I had to pause, think about it, then facepalm myself. THE CLUES WERE RIGHT THERE ELLE. RIGHT THERE! I should have seen it coming, but at least I wasn't the only one that got surprised.

Favorite new series?

Hands down, Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake series. Book #1 was so good. I loved the cover. I love the main and supporting characters. The plot was fantastic. There is so much to be solved in the other books. Can't wait to read them!

Favorite book cover?

Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)

Favorite character?

This is tough... Tiberias Calore (Cal). I would say, he has grown the most throughout the entire Red Queen series. Chaol from Tower of Dawn would have to be my second favorite. Third favorite character would have to be Jules from Three Dark Crowns. 

BLOG STUFF

Blogs that I follow?

Oh man... That... is going to be a HUGE list if I had to list it out. I currently follow 44 blogs on blogger and 43 of them are book blogs. There are just so many books to read that I read the books through other readers. I even read the spoilers for books I know I won't pick up. It is like second-hand reading :)

Most challenging thing about blogging?




Writer's block. Lack of time. Lack of energy. Lastly, motivation. I think when I started blogging, I set like 50 bajillion goals and tasks for me to do. Which seemed very overwhelming and threw me off from blogging. Now I just do whatever I feel like because it's my blog and I ramble a lot :P

Any blogs that I check daily?

Ho..ho... HOOOOOOO!! Yeah there are bloggers that I love reading their content and checking up on them. I mostly lurk and rarely post comments. I'm a shy bug... Here are some blogs I check daily! 

Greg @ Book Haven

BOOKSandCaffine @ Books with Noel

chucklesthescot @ Chuckles Book Cave


Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?


REST OF THE YEAR STUFF

How many books do I hope to read for the rest of the year?

Let's DOUBLE it. I want to read 11 more books. Hopefully I can do that... I mean technically I should be able to... Actually, if I read 12 books in the last half of the year, I'll treat myself to ice cream.

Any books I'm excited to read?

YES OF COURSE. So, I want to read Restore Me by Tahereh Mafa, Furyborn by Claire Legrand, and Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas. Hopefully I can read them this year, but who knows! Those are the ones I'm MOST excited for. There's like 40 other books I want to read as well.

Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4)Furyborn (Empirium, #1)Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)

Blogging goal?

Hm... I don't think I have a measurable goal like X views, X posts, or X comments. I think I want to be able to continue blogging as long as I can. Hopefully I'll be like 60 and kids can laugh at me for TYPING on a blog. Or I can be the "coolest" blog on the block ;)

Non-Blog goal?

HAVE BOOKSHELVES IN MY ROOM AND START COLLECTING BOOKS.




PHEW. That is all everyone! Thank you for sticking around and reading all the random stuff I post. My year of blogging has been an absolute blast. I hope I can continue and discover more things about myself, other blogs, and other books in the future! Until the next post <3 

11 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you!! <3
    And I love the cat's intensified breathing, lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about blogging problems! Time is never my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy year anniversary- woohoo!!! *drops confetti* And YES to Three Dark Crowns- I totally agree! I am loving that series so much... oh and I do the same thing with spoilers, if it's a book I probably won't read (and sometimes even one I will *gulp*)- I will totally hit that spoiler tag ha ha!!

    Wow, thanks for including me on your blog list! I'm honored. :)

    That cover for Restore Me is beautiful, I really should read those books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 We both live on the edge Greg. We're REBELS >:D

      Of course <3 Your blogs are always fun to read! You should read the Shatter Me series! Its sooooooo good :)

      Delete
  4. Happy first anniversary! Making it this long is something to be proud of for sure, Elle. And I know you can reach your goals for this year. :-) I haven't read Three Dark Crowns or read anything by Blake--or Maas for that matter--but someday. Someday. Hopefully. I am so glad to see Greg on your list of blogs you visit everyday. He's awesome. :-) Have a great week, Elle, and congratulations on reaching this huge blogging milestone. I'm so glad you are here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! If you do read them, I hope you enjoy them greatly! Greg is awesome sauce. Thank you very much again! Love reading your blogs, even though I rarely comment xD

      Delete
  5. Congrats on a year of blogging! I'm a Chaol fan, too, and I can't believe I still haven't read Tower of Dawn, lol! I'm so excited to read Restore Me, too; I've missed Warner and Kenji!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHHHHHH!!! I hope you'll love Tower of Dawn as much as I did <3 I can't wait for Restore Me, but sadly I'm number 16 in line for the book at my library.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on one year Elle. Like you I find time and motivation is sometimes hard to find. Thanks for the blog list I will take a look and follow them also. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS