Anime Review: B: The Beginning

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Where to Watch: Netflix
Episodes: 12
Genres: Action, Mystery, Police, Psychological, Supernatural, and Thriller
Rating: 8/10 This is an anime where the "three episodes" rule apply. Once I was through with the introductions and basics of this anime, I was completely hooked. I think I finished this series within two days lol...

B: The Beginning 
In a world powered by advanced technology, crime and action unfold in the archipelagic nation of Cremona. Koku, the protagonist. Keith, the legendary investigator of the royal police force RIS. A mysterious criminal organization. A wide variety of characters race through the fortified city as it is beset by the serial killer, Killer B, and a chain of crimes in this suspense drama by director Kazuto Nakazawa and Production I.G

Review: This anime was very action packed. I believed if you watched Psycho-Pass and enjoyed that anime, you would enjoy this one as well. They're very similar in terms of plot. There are definitely a few stumbles within this anime in the beginning, but it sorts itself out fairly well. I enjoyed the fight scenes and thought that the animation was done very nicely. 

The anime focuses on two mysteries that are being solved at the same time. One mystery is from the killer and the other from the detective. The two main characters will eventually cross paths to solve the questions that they both have. I wouldn't say that the mysteries were "shocking" or difficult to solve. I knew immediately who were the "bad guys" in the anime. So, if you're looking for an anime that wracks your brain and keeps you up at night, this isn't it.

I love the police force in this anime. Every character was perfect in their own way. There's Kaela, the hacker/computer expert, Keith, the super genius, Lily, the cute girl that is the only one that understands the super genius, and so much more! I love their dynamics and how they work together as a team to solve these cases. Also, the way that the animation is done during these cases are very well put together. 

B: The Beginning

This anime also messes with your brain a bit. They cover topics such as corruption within a government. When is it okay to experiment on people? How do we know that what we're doing within our society is "right" and topics of that nature. Not to mention that the cases the police try to solve deal with very psychotic characters and we see the workings of their brain.

There is also a supernatural aspect to the anime with humanoids called Reggies. Reggies are basically half human and half "god" that were created as weapons for war. So, in addition to solving regular crimes within the city, there are crimes that involve these supernatural creatures. The police don't know who are Reggies and who are not. Not to mention that these Reggies aren't always on a "good" or "bad" side. 

Overall, the anime was exciting to watch. Although I knew who the villains in the anime were, I still enjoyed seeing how the story lines connect to one another. The animation was of great quality and the characters were easy to relate with. My favorite character is Lily and her interactions with Keith. I ship them together so hard. 

B: The Beginning

If you've seen this anime, what were your thoughts on it? Do you have a favorite character? If you haven't seen it, would you want to? Let me know in the comments down below. Or if there are any other cop/mystery related anime that I should check out! 

4 comments:

  1. Adding to the I-Need-To-Watch-This list lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curiosity: What genres of anime do you usually gravitate towards? I usually like mystery or something psychological, but in the past, I also gave into the hype of sports anime. Do you have a mental list of all the anime you've watched thus far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I like action anime the most. I usually watch what ever my friends recommend to me or what ever catches my eye when I'm surfing around. I don't have a list really besides my reviews. Hopefully I can expand it one day.

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS