The Mid Year Freak Out Book Tag

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Happy Saturday everyone!

I've been seeing people do this tag and I thought that it would be fun if I could join as well! Half of the year has officially passed. Summer is here which means more free time. I'm also not a fan of heat so I have even more excuses to stay indoors and read. It is looking like a good half year so far :) Thank you to Book Ballistic for the inspiration for this tag. 

1. THE BEST BOOK YOU'VE READ IN 2018

Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)

Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas is easily my favorite. One of my favorite series and my favorite character of that series is the protagonist as well. What more could I even as for? *cough* for the last book to be released already *cough*

2. YOUR FAVORITE SEQUEL THIS YEAR

The Midnight Star (The Young Elites, #3) War Storm (Red Queen, #4)

I think both The Midnight Star and War Storm were my favorite sequel ending books I've read this year. Although both didn't have the best ending in my opinion, there is a satisfaction of reading a series and finishing it. 

3. A NEW RELEASE THAT YOU HAVEN'T READ BUT REALLY WANT TO

Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4) To Kill a Kingdom Furyborn (Empirium, #1)

Restore Me - I'm going to read this SOON. It just came in the library for me and I'm going to read it as soon as I finish Iron Queen. 

To Kill a Kingdom and Furyborn are the other two books that I've heard so many people raving about. I need to read these books ASAP. 

4. MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASE FOR THE SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR

Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)

OCTOBER 23RD. My body... is ready for this book. I have been following this series year after year. There is so much that I am looking forward to in this book. I am also a tad bit sad that the series is ending :(

5. YOUR BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT

Forest of a Thousand Lanterns (Rise of the Empress, #1) Reign of the Fallen (Reign of the Fallen, #1) 

With Reign of the Fallen, I'm still debating on if this book was a waste of my time. I am usually a lax reader, but this book is the worst book I've read this year. As for Forest of a Thousand Lanterns, it wasn't what I was expecting. I am actually intrigued to read the second book of the series. I have a feeling it'll be better than the first book by a long shot.

6. BIGGEST SURPRISE OF THE YEAR

The Last Namsara (Iskari, #1)

I thought this book would have been mediocre, but I ended up loving this book more than I thought I would <3 

7. FAVORITE NEW TO YOU OR DEBUT AUTHOR 

Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) 

I absolutely loved Three Dark Crowns and I find her funny on social media. I also love how she promotes fan art of her books on Instagram as well. 

8. YOUR NEW FICTIONAL CRUSH

Hmmm... I don't have one xD

9. NEW FAVORITE CHARACTER

Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)

Yrene Towers - She is a badass. She can heal people and SO MANY people depend on her. There is a fire within her that cannot be quenched. I loved her the moment I read about her. 

10. A BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY

The Last Namsara (Iskari, #1)

None... Well... The Last Namsara I teared up a bit, but I wasn't sobbing? I don't know if that counts or not xD

11. A BOOK THAT MADE YOU HAPPY

I'm always happy when I'm reading :)

12. YOUR FAVORITE BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION THAT YOU'VE SEEN THIS YEAR

The Giver (The Giver, #1) Image result for the giver movie

I know this movie was made years ago, but I saw it for the first time this year.

13. FAVORITE BLOG POST YOU'VE PUBLISHED THIS YEAR

Oh shoot... That is such a challenging thing for me to decide. I don't think I have one that is a favorite. I work really hard to write each of the blog posts I put up. Sometimes I completely scrap a blog and other times I post something that I hate. It is a hit or miss for me. I could love a post at first and end up hating it later. I'm also very inconsistent with my posting and my writing. Basically, the blog is just a fun place for me to write about books and other things :)

14. THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOK YOU'VE BOUGHT/RECEIVED THIS YEAR

Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) Insurgent (Divergent, #2)

Do eBooks count? If yes, then Three Dark Crowns is my favorite. If not, then Insurgent is my favorite cover that I have bought this year.

15. WHAT ARE SOME BOOKS THAT YOU NEED TO READ BY THE END OF THE YEAR?

Renegades (Renegades, #1) Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) Warcross (Warcross, #1)

Along with all the other books I've listed, I would also like to read Renegades, Six of Crows, and Warcross. There is so much hype for each of these books. I feel like I am missing something since I haven't read these yet. Not to mention, I love the other works from these authors, so I have so much expectations for these books. 

WOO HOOO!!! That is all everyone :D Thank you for reading until this far. If you did this tag, link your post down below! I would love to read them <3 

13 comments:

  1. The only two books I've read from this post are Insurgent (ages ago) and Renegades (recently). While I really enjoyed Renegades, I didn't connect with the characters like I wanted to. There was a lot of world-building, so I'm hoping to make those connections in the next book! Someone also mentioned the duology being turned into a trilogy... Meyer writes long books, lol. A lot of the others you've mentioned are on my list!

    L @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am slowly loving longer series in general. I hope I'll like Renegades enough considering how much I enjoyed her other works!

      Delete
  2. I really do need to try Sarah J Maas. I so much love her book covers that I want to love her stories so I can buy them all! Pity about Reign of the Fallen as that is a great cover. Warcross in on my ever growing tbr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please check her books out! I know you're not into romance much so that is just a bit of warning for you. I think she is one of those authors where each book gets better and better.

      Delete
  3. The Giver was one of my favorite books when I was a kid. I still haven’t seen the movie. I hope the rest of your year is excellent and you read some good books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much AJ! The movie was alright compared to the book. Of course it is always hard to make a movie adaptation perfectly of a book that you enjoy. I hope you have a wonderful rest of the year as well!

      Delete
  4. Awesome choices! I really liked Warcross, though there are a lot of mixed feelings about it. I need to read Renegades soon, I finally got a copy from my library (took forever Lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read both! I love Marie Lu's books so far. They're all amazing to me.

      Delete
    2. Marie Lu is an amazing writer!!

      Delete
  5. This is such a fun tag! And staying indoors when it's hotter than %^&* out sounds good to me. :)

    Midnight Star and Restore Me both look great (and yes I am SO swayed by those awesome covers), and I LOVE the Three Dark crowns series (seriously I need the next book). Warcross was just the bomb.

    Here's my Freakout! https://gregsbookhaven.blogspot.com/2018/07/midyear-book-freakout-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being indoors, reading, and drinking a fruit smoothie or ice tea <3

      I love the covers for the Shatter Me series. I think it is one of my favorites! The books are wonderful as well. I can't wait to read #2 in the Three Dark Corwn series and try out Warcross!

      Delete
  6. I have not read any of these--yet. Well, except for The Giver. I have read that one. :-) Most of them are on my TBR pile or wish list. I am really looking forward to eventually reading The Last Namsara. You're off to a great start this first half of the year. I hope the second half of 2018 is just as good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much :D I hope the rest of the year goes well to you too!

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS