Baking Fail Or Success? - Banana Bread

Monday, March 12, 2018

Happy Monday everyone! 

So yesterday, I realized I had eight bananas that were overripe and no one else in my family is going to touch them. So, I decided that I should use them for baking. I usually make banana muffins because they're small, easy cleaning, and easy to pack. Since I didn't have classes this week, I thought I'd try to make banana bread. I used allrecipes' Banana Banana Bread recipe because it looks like the easiest one without the need of yeast. Here's the result:





I think there was something wrong with my oven. The recipe says to bake at 350F degrees for 60-65 minutes, but it took me 1 hour and 35 minutes to get the center fully cooked. Overall, I was so happy on how it looked!


I'm super happy that it isn't burnt or under cook. The overall time that it took for me to finish this was around 2 hours total for prep and baking. 


Here it is out of the pan. Butter & wax paper made it very easy to pull out.


First cut! This was when the bread was still very warm, after 10 minutes of cooling. I absolutely love the taste. Since my family isn't big on sweet baked goods, this one was a winner. I usually give my baked goods to other people, but I decided to keep this one at home. 


I came back to the bread half eaten already this morning! I've only had half a slice so far!!!! You can see that we also bought more bananas to eat. So now my breakfast consists of banana bread and bananas. 

I would totally make this again! I love how simple it was, except the cleaning up part. It's messier than the muffins. It's like banana muffins with only a couple differences. I would like to find a way to make the bread a bit more moist. I don't know exactly how at this moment. Overall, I would say this baking test was a success :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS