Book Review: Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Author: Kimberly Derting
Series: Yes - Book #4 in The Body Finder series. Final book (?????).
Cover: The cover throughout this series have been simple and perfect. In a way, the one colored flower is this series' echo. If I had to change anything, it would have to be the color of the flower because it looks similar to book #2. 
Rating: 5/5 Hello????? This can't be the last book in the series. I need to know more about everything in Violet's life. Please tell me there's more to this. It can't end like this. 

Dead Silence (The Body Finder, #4)

Review: Gosh... Where do I even start. It's been years since I started reading this series and I found it amazing that I was still able to jump back into the book and remember everything that happened. Derting has completely captured my attention with this series. This can't be last book in the series. It simply can't. I refuse to accept this! 


Poor Violet. She literally survived a kidnapping and then suffers even more by listening to the same tune over and over. Just imagine hearing the same tune over and over and over and over. EVEN WHEN YOU'RE TRYING TO SLEEP. At least it isn't something bad like smelling onions everywhere. That would suck the most. So, Violet is now living with a music box brain, while trying to go to school, and solving murder crimes. This girl is something else. I think I would have fallen off the face of the Earth if I was in her shoes. 

I remember this series so well. Even after a 3+ year gap from reading the last book, I still remember what happened to Violet. It's like I never left her world. Like this series has imprinted on me. Derting has written this series so well that part of me wants her to write another book for this series. Throughout the book, there are two points of view, one through Violet and another through the criminal. I have to say, reading as the criminal has never made me feel so gross and disgusted. Props to you Derting for making me shiver while I read. I see that Derting has two other series, The Pledge and The Taking. Those two are now on my Want to Read list. The list is never ending!

!!!!!!!! SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!! 

Violet has grown up so much throughout the series. She learns to depend on people in her life. Although she still hides things from her parents, at least she's opening up to Jay, Chelsea, and Rafe. Even connecting with the rest of the team as well. She went from hating her special gift to understanding that she can use her gift to help other people. Violet is so courageous and head strong for not being shaken up by what she goes through. I can't imagine finding bodies and being mentally sound, especially after a gruesome murder like Veronica's family. She has a strong sense of protecting and caring for others that you can't help but want to protect and care for her too. 

Also, where can I get a boyfriend like Jay? Jay is just perfect in his own way. Jay and Violet are two peas in a pod and NO ONE (looking at you Rafe and Gemma) should get between them. Just think about it. Your best friend and love of your life, knows your deepest secret, and still sticks with you through thick and thin. That is something that isn't easy to come by. Jay & Violet forever. 

Onto Rafe. He's was alright. I never wanted him to get with Violet ever. When he showed up, I was screaming in my head "AY BACK UP! SHES TAKEN." He's not a bad guy. You can't help how you feel for certain people and I understand that, but Rafe, SHES TAKEN. Mad props to him for digging up a body and removing the heart though. Maybe he's a tad crazy for doing so, but love makes you go to crazy lengths. I was so happy that he was falling for Chelsea so that Violet & Jay can be happy together forever. 

Now, one of my favorite parts about this series is diving into the mind of the bad guy. Holy cow is Evan terrifying. Welcome.....THE FATHER!!!!!! Better start calling him daddy, or you'll regret it. Gosh... There's something about reading his thoughts and actions that makes your skin crawl. The prologue really threw my head for a chase. I have never felt so much disgust, hatred, and fear from a character before. It doesn't help that this series takes place near the city I live in, it makes it even creepier! Derting, I want you to never stop making characters like Evan. He's terrifying, but addicting...

Overall, I love this series. I am so glad I picked up the final book (please don't let it be the final one) in the series. The ending was such a cliffhanger. I can't imagine this being the last book in the series. She can seriously squeeze like 1-3 books into this series easily. Maybe it is asking too much of Derting, but I hope that I can read more into the lives of Violet, Jay, Rafe and Chelsea.

Favorite Line: 

"As it turned out, it's not food that fixes things, its food fights."

Top 3 Favorite Characters:

Violet - This shouldn't be a surprise. This girl kicks butt in her own unique way. I remember when I first started reading this book, I wanted to have the same ability as Violet. Now, I realized that I can never be sane, brave, or smart enough as Violet to survive with her gift. 

Jay - This guy is the perfect boyfriend. Like, Derting, did you have to make him so perfect? Looking for a Jay to come into my life anytime!

Evan - Now, just because I like him, doesn't mean he's all golden or I'm crazy. His character was so clear. Reading about him is like examining an interesting specimen. I just wanted to know more about his thought process and the more I did, the more interesting it became. Seriously though, this guy is creepy. 

Buy it on Amazon: 
Dead Silence (The Body Finder)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS