My Favorite Heroes and Heroines!

Friday, March 30, 2018

Happy Friday everyone! 

A common situation in many Young Adult novels is the need for a hero/heroine to save their world. Every book has a different situation that calls for different heroes. Majority of the time, the hero is usually the protagonist of the book or series. In this post, I will list my favorite heroes that I've read about so far. They're not in any particular order. I hope you all will enjoy the read!

1. Karou - Daughter of Smoke & Bones Series 

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)


I have not read the final book of this series yet, but I can say that I really enjoy Karou's character. She's trying to save two worlds, her own world and our human world. Karou doesn't automatically believe that all Seraphim are evil or all Chimaeras as good. She doesn't follow what her society believes will push them forward, but instead wants to work toward a common peace that can be made between all three races. I can't wait to read the last book of the series and see the outcome of the war.

2. Alek and Deryn - Leviathan Series

Leviathan (Leviathan, #1)

I really enjoyed reading this series and seeing WWI through the eyes of Alek and Deryn. Both of their characters are so captivating. I really enjoy the friendship that was presented between the two characters. They're both headstrong and passionate in their own viewings and set aside trivial things in order to help one another. Both of the characters are absolutely brilliant, and I enjoy what Westerfeld has written.

3. Josh and Sophie - The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel

The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1)

Man.... Imagine waking up one day and being told that you and your twin have super powers and need to use them to make sure the world doesn't explode. Josh is a very stubborn and protective brother who gets jealous of Sophie for her amazing proficiency. Sophie is basically the talented older sister that everyone wants to be (although technically she's younger than Josh). These two had to work together to learn that their world is flipped upside down, learn new super powers to fight off things you thought were myths, and then save the world. That is some mad work. 

4. Tris - Divergent Series

Divergent (Divergent, #1)

I believe that Tris is a very strong-willed character. She left her home to join one of the toughest factions in her society and eventually joins in a civil war to provide a better future. SPOILERS: She ends up dying in the last book and is remembered as a hero. She is very brave and proud of herself no matter what her background was. She pushed forward, not letting her background stop her from being dauntless. 

5. All the Heroes - Percy Jackson and the Olympians/ The Heroes of Olympus

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)    The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)

Now, it is no surprise that this is my favorite series ever. I love every character in this series from Percy, Piper, Nico etc. The list can go on and on. Every character has an arc that they all pass through with their own struggles as they try and save the Earth from the Earth itself! Imagine being told "hey you're going to fight some gods now that are known for destroying whatever they wanted." Could you do it?

6. The Crew - The Lunar Chronicle Series

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)

I love every single person in this book. Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter are all amazing in their own diverse ways. Cinder the mechanic, Scarlet the pilot, Cress the programmer, and Winter the princess. Each of them has their own skill sets that are used to help the world be better. It's not just the ladies that are heroes, but the men in this series all pull their weight as well to ensure the success of their battles. I love this series so much and the characters are all lovable in their own unique ways.

Okay everyone! These are some heroes/heroines that are my favorite for random reasons. I sort of cheated by listing more than one hero per series, but my blog my rules haha! My favorites will probably change in the future, but that is okay as well. Maybe I'll do a "Top Heroes of the Year" of all the books I've read in a year. Let me know who your favorite heroes/heroines are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS